The City Secretary’s office performs administrative and legislative functions and processes in accordance with the City Charter, State laws, and City ordinances and policies. The City Secretary’s office:
- Gives notice of and records City Commission, Industrial Development Corporation, Economic Development Corporation and Utility Board meetings
- Responsible for all official records and documents of the City including meeting minutes, ordinances, resolutions, deeds, easements, contracts, and proclamations
- keeps abreast of legislative changes in elections, and coordinates the administration of all City Elections
- Responsible for the City of La Feria Records Management program
- Receives and responds to requests for information
May 7, 2022 General Election
The May 7, 2022, General Election will be held at La Feria City Hall, located at 115 E. Commercial Ave. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 19 to February 18, 2022. Find additional election-related dates and information at https://www.sos.state.tx.
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at https://www.sos.state.tx.
Per the Sec. of State’s CSO-3449 Advisory of August 3, 2020, candidate applications may be filed:
– in person, with the City Secretary’s office at City Hall;
– by mail; an application submitted by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the appropriate filing authority. (Secs. 143.007(b); 144.005(b)); or
– by fax or email – “A signed, sworn, scanned candidate application (and petition, if applicable) may be submitted by fax or email if there is no filing fee [the City of La Porte Charter does not require a filing fee]. Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax or email.”